Since 2013, Parker Clay has been creating premium handcrafted leather goods in Ethiopia while transforming communities through trade to create social and economic empowerment. Each year has brought with it incredible growth for both our team in California and Ethiopia, with HQ locations in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, and Santa Barbara, California. Heading into 2017, we are excited about the opportunities ahead and are looking to build our team with creative, passionate, and hard working people who have a heart to join us in what Parker Clay stands for. Send us your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org We're excited to hear from you.
Store Manager & Customer Experience
Location: Parker Clay HQ Santa Barbara, CA
Compensation: Competitive Hourly Wage, TBD
Position Type: FULL-TIME
Here at Parker Clay, we're committed to providing our customers with an extraordinary shopping experience from start to finish. As the Customer Experience team member you will play a critical role in turning our customers into promoters while scaling and improving our daily operations. The ideal candidate is a driven, results-oriented, self-directed and strategic customer advocate. This person is obsessed with creating a unique interaction between each customer and the Parker Clay brand.
You’ll report directly to the Co-Founders and work closely with technology, product, retail, and online programs to implement, maintain and, most importantly, improve processes and systems that innovate the customer experience and e-commerce industry.
As the Store Manager you are primarily focusing on supporting our efforts to deliver the best possible overall customer experience. You'll have an immediate and direct impact on the success of Parker Clay through customer interactions, process ideation and improvement, and various special projects including leading interns.
- Assist in daily operations of the shop, including maintaining shop’s aesthetic and cleanliness, and responding proactively to unexpected circumstances.
- Assisting in executing weekly sale goals and initiatives.
- Identify and implement creative ways to optimize each customer’s experience at Parker Clay.
- Use exceptional communication skills to educate customers on Parker Clay’s brand and products.
- Support and help drive sale growth.
- Ensures that each customer has a positive shopping experience and that their needs are always met professionally and efficiently.
- Serve as the first contact and on-call resource for all customers via phone, email
- Quickly and accurately problem solve for any customer deliveries, transactions and experience that don't go 100% as planned
- Understand our styles and technology inside and out in order to offer fit and style advice tailored to each customers needs
- Provide thoughtful, strategic insight regarding customer needs to our product, marketing and technology teams
- Analyze appropriate metrics for measuring customer experience, engagement and satisfaction.
- Understand our shipping, fulfillment and returns procedures from start to finish to help process all customer orders as efficiently as possible.
- Partner with leadership team to create and execute new policies, procedures and client retention initiatives.
- High school diploma or equivalent plus one year relative retail experience. BS/BA degree highly preferred.
- 1+ years of relevant experience in a customer facing roll
- Established ability to produce sales results while minimizing loss.
- Ability to operate a computer, as well as maneuver relative software POS programs.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate verbally in a clear professional manner.
- Proven track record of achieving daily/monthly sales goals.
- Must possess a positive, pleasant, and friendly demeanor.
- Strong leadership, organizational, administrative and project management skills.
- A creative problem solver that looks for new solutions versus the status quo.
- Able to manage confrontational and escalated customer issues in a controlled and courteous manner.
- Flexible and resilient, comfortable with ambiguity, adaptable to a fast changing environments.
- Possess the highest levels of integrity, ethics and character.
Parker Clay is looking for Marketing Intern that's eager to have a hands on experience tackling projects across multiple lanes (brand, performance and creative) for a well-rounded marketing experience. As the Marketing Intern, you will report to our Brand Manager, and Co-Founders.
Compensation: Unpaid, will include travel stipend and product allowance
Location: Los Angeles, CA and Santa Barbara, CA
Position Type: Part-Time/Full Time (3 month +)
- You will have an active role in creative brainstorming, social media coordinating, content managing.
- Assist with weekly marketing email segmentations and execution.
- Explore marketing channels and research effective methods.
- Manage calendar that holds all communications and product delivery information.
- Manage gifting requests, assets, and any other PR needs that come in during press pitches.
- Coordinate with design team for timing on launches of new products.
- Assist in the creation of campaigns, including online and offline promotions, social media marketing, SEO (search engine marketing), email marketing, and other promotional activities.
- Assist with managing blog by coordinating content with our senior team by ensuring assets, copy, and deadlines are met.
- Quality-check email marketing campaigns; i.e. test email campaign links, ensure consistent formatting, help carry out on-time deployment.
- Bachelor degree or currently obtaining degree in marketing, communications, or other related studies highly preferred.
- 1+ year relevant experience in a fast-paced, creative environment.
- Passion for marketing and ready to learn different aspects of marketing in e-commerce.
- Experience with fashion and/or men's fashion a huge plus.
- Organized, detail-oriented, and analytical.
- You are positive and supportive, able to work under pressure with a helpful attitude.
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and SEO is a plus.