We hope you and your loved ones are staying safe and healthy in these unprecedented times we find ourselves in. It has been a crazy few weeks for our family and for Parker Clay as we homeschool our five kids at home while running our business in a vastly different world than just one month ago.
Many of you may be wondering - what does this pandemic mean for our employees in Ethiopia? In a time where the words layoff, unemployment, and at risk are becoming all too common, we wanted to bring you a message of hope from our team in Ethiopia. Below are just a few of the steps we are taking to ensure our employee's safety and well-being in this season.
- We sent our most vulnerable employees home in February on paid leave, some of whom are women who have compromised immune systems due to HIV.
- We are providing private bus transporation so employees do not have to take public transporation to work.
- We are purchasing bulk food staples so employees can avoid going to the market as often.
- We have spread work stations onto seperate floors to allow more space between people.
- We are having our employees come to work in shifts to minimize the number of people on the floor at any given time.
- We are utilizing masks, have implemented hand washing signs, and are regularly spraying down work stations to sanitize.
- Prior to this, we ensured that each employee has a savings account set up in their name and that part of their pay is being contributed to it.
- We have retained 100% employment of our 140 team members at full pay in Ethiopia.
We share this information with you, our community, as a reminder that in these times of uncertainty, there is still a cause for hope. When you purchase from Parker Clay, you are allowing 140 men and women in Ethiopia (mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters) to maintain quality employment and stability amongst this pandemic. It's what keeps us going each day, and we hope you will join us.
Learn more about how you can back us through our Pay it Forward Initiative, and receive up to 50% off your next purchase.
We Go Together.
All our best,
Ian & Brittany Bentley