Store Manager (San Luis Obispo)
San Luis Obispo, CA
Parker Clay is looking for a Store Manager to work in our new San Luis Obispo Public Market location who embodies creating an exceptional customer experience and is a strong, inspiring, and engaging team leader. Must be able to thrive in a start-up business mentality with results and operationally driven KPIs managed successfully in order to grow and build a thriving retail organization.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, enjoys working in a dynamic team, wants to over deliver and go above and beyond for every customer, and shows a resourceful and proactive approach in all they do.
Bonus Eligible, Health and Medical Benefits, Generous Employee Discount and Kombucha on tap!
Parker Clay is dedicated to transforming communities through social and economic empowerment. As a sustainable fashion brand that produces high quality leather goods and accessories for women and men in Ethiopia. We are primarily a direct to consumer E-Commerce brand that is quickly growing and pursuing growth to become a household name brand that is known for celebrating the value of people as much as the beautiful products we make.
- Embody the mission and vision of Parker Clay with an understanding of how and why we do what we do
- Liaise with HQ partners (Marketing, Sales, Operations, Inventory Management, EX, and Merchandising)
- Drive store productivity and profitability
- Monitor, track, drive, and communicate effectively the daily, weekly, and monthly sales targets, store goals, and KPIs
- Develop strategies and action plans to target improvements and profitability
- Plan and manage payroll spend, create strategic schedules to support business plans
- Develop and implement visual merchandising directives and test, with the ability to evaluate results.
- Recruit, onboard, and develop all the store employees by providing regular feedback, coaching, and counseling
- Identify and collaborate on new training initiatives
- Continually evaluate and elevate the level of sales and service is practiced at the highest level with all team members.
- Ensure economical and operationally efficient management of the store, to ensure a profitable P&L performance.
- Develop and deliver a localized store marketing plan, partner with HQ marketing department and in-store team member to create and execute marketing initiatives and events.
- Build business in the stores with strong focus on customers
- Responsible for oversight of opening and closing the store and follow all processes and procedures
- Successfully educate customers on product quality, design, style, and special materials
- Be a brand ambassador by quickly developing a deep understanding of all Parker Clay products, collection, and story
- Direct showroom inventory organization and restocking, with a close on on keeping products polished and ready to purchase
- Direct events while working with operations, customer experience and marketing teams
- Ensures that the POS system is operating a full capacity and can help customers with purchases, returns, and exchanges
- 3-5+ years customer service focused experience, and specialty retail
- 2+ years in a store manager or general manager role
- Committed to directing an excellent customer experience
- Strong personal identification with brand and mission
- Contemporary brand experience, clienteling and luxury experience a plus
- Capable of turning a difficult customer into a raving fan of the brand.
- Professional, positive and energetic attitude
- Strong leadership, organization, written and verbal communication skills
- Energetic, kind, patient, and adaptable
- Must be familiar with Google Sheets/Excel, technology savvy
- Self-directed and hard-working with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Smart and organized
- Confident in decision making
- Driven by an entrepreneurial spirit
- Able to multitask
- Able to detect problems and report information to appropriate personnel
- Flexible working schedules- weekends, events, evenings, etc
- Ability to carry boxes 20-30 lbs for moving stock
- High School diploma or equivalent