Careers | Shop Manager
Our Flagship Store based in our hometown of Santa Barbara has been a special place for Parker Clay for years as we have grown. From starting out as our first office after our founders garage, to hosting many events and celebrities, this space is about more than selling beautiful bags, it's about telling our story.
Parker Clay is looking for a Shop Manager to work who embodies creating an exceptional customer experience and is a strong, inspiring, and engaging team leader. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, enjoys working in a dynamic team, wants to over deliver and go above and beyond for every customer, and shows a resourceful and proactive approach in all they do.
Bonus Eligible, Health and Medical Benefits, & Generous Employee Discount.
Parker Clay is dedicated to transforming communities through social and economic empowerment. As a sustainable fashion brand that produces high quality leather goods and accessories for women and men in Ethiopia. We are primarily a direct to consumer E-Commerce brand that is quickly growing and pursuing growth to become a household name brand that is known for celebrating the value of people as much as the beautiful products we make.
- Embody the mission and vision of Parker Clay with an understanding of how and why we do what we do
- Liaise with HQ partners (Marketing, Sales, Operations, Inventory Management, EX, and Merchandising)
- Drive store productivity and profitability
- Monitor, track, drive, and communicate effectively the daily, weekly, and monthly sales targets, store goals, and KPIs
- Plan and manage payroll spend, create schedules to support business plans
- Develop and implement visual merchandising directives and test, with the ability to evaluate results.
- Recruit, onboard, and develop all the store employees by providing regular feedback, coaching, and counseling
- Identify and collaborate on new training initiatives
- Continually evaluating and elevating the level of sales and service is practiced at the highest level with all team members.
- Ensure economical and operationally efficient management of the store, to ensure a profitable P&L performance.
- Partner with HQ marketing department and in-store team members to create and execute marketing initiatives and events.
- Build business in the stores with strong focus on customers
- Responsible for oversight of opening and closing the store and follow all processes and procedures
- Successfully educate customers on product quality, design, style, and special materials
- Be a brand ambassador by quickly developing a deep understanding of all Parker Clay products, collection, and story
- Direct showroom inventory organization and restocking, with a close on on keeping products polished and ready to purchase
- Direct events while working with operations, customer experience and marketing teams
- Ensures that the POS system is operating a full capacity and can help customers with purchases, returns, and exchanges
- 3-5+ years customer service focused experience, and specialty retail
- 2+ years in a store manager or general manager role
- Committed to directing an excellent customer experience
- Strong personal identification with brand and mission
- Contemporary brand experience, clienteling and luxury experience a plus
- Professional, positive and energetic attitude
- Strong leadership, organization, written and verbal communication skills
- Energetic, kind, patient, and adaptable
- Must be familiar with POS, Google Sheets, technology savvy
- Self-directed and hard-working attitude
- Smart and organized
- Confident in decision making
- Driven by an entrepreneurial spirit
- Able to multitask
- Able to detect problems and report information to appropriate personnel
- Flexible working schedules- weekends, events, evenings, etc
- Ability to carry boxes 20-30 lbs for moving stock
- High School diploma or equivalent
We live by our values:
We look for mission and values-aligned team members and believe that what we know matters but who we are matters more.
Core Purpose: Together, We’re Empowering Women to Thrive
- We Empower People
- We are confident in our abilities and encouraged by our circumstances, such that we feel motivated and at liberty to strive for a meaningful purpose.
- We are Courageous
- It takes collective courage to shape the future, daring greatly to try new things, look within, and challenge the status quo.
- We Win or We Learn
- We take smart risks that take us forward or teach us, with optimism and positivity driving every move.
- We are Curiously Resourceful
- Our curiosity leads us to explore not just what is, but what is possible, and our resourcefulness allows us to push the limits of both.
- We Go Together
- "If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together." We authentically serve our coworkers, customers, and community with respect, kindness, and empathy – always.
Email your resume and cover letter in PDF formats to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Shop Manager - [Your Name] in the subject line and tell us why you think you’d be a great fit for our team! Please note that only candidates who pass through to the interview round will be contacted.