Careers | Merchandise Planner | Santa Barbara
Merchandise Planner (Santa Barbara)
Santa Barbara, CA
Do you get excited to analyze sales numbers, think through trends and their impact on projections? Are you passionate about working for a fashion brand with a strong social impact? Parker Clay is looking for someone to enthusiastically jumpstart the merchandising and planning department, working in our Santa Barbara HQ location in Downtown Santa Barbara. Must be able to thrive in a start-up business mentality with results and operationally driven KPIs managed successfully in order to grow and build a thriving e-commerce organization. The ideal candidate has experience connecting financial projections to sales projections, planning and/or buying experience and placing purchase orders. Additionally, experience in the day to day analysis required to gives transparency into margin, inventory productivity, actual sales, etc. This roll is perfect for somebody who is entrepreneurial as you will have a lot of independence to build out this part of the business. This is a critical piece of the puzzle and will have a direct impact on planning, projections and the financial success of the business.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, enjoys working in a dynamic team, wants to over deliver and go above and beyond for every customer, and shows a resourceful and proactive approach in all they do.
Bonus eligible, generous employee discount and Kombucha on tap!
Parker Clay is dedicated to transforming communities through social and economic empowerment. As a sustainable fashion brand that produces high quality leather goods and accessories for women and men in Ethiopia. We are primarily a direct to consumer E-Commerce brand that is quickly growing and pursuing growth to become a household name brand that is known for celebrating the value of people as much as the beautiful products we make.
- Execution of strategic merchandise strategies that support the merchandising and financial objectives of the Company.
- Manage OTB, PO creation, monitoring and communication with Ethiopian factory.
- Sales forecasting and integration with financial forecasting.
- Daily and weekly updates on sales data comparing actuals to plan and LY and highlighting notable trends. Create weekly category and product level analysis across channels, with a focus on drawing actionable insights.
- Actively monitor and report on inventory levels, WOS, etc. and communicate cross functionally.
- Identify opportunities to drive in-season sales and maximize seasonal product investments.
- Constant immersion in the competitive landscape, with an eye towards the future. Help to identify opportunities for new products and categories that align with our brand.
- Manage annual and seasonal product mix and lifecycle with an eye towards optimizing product mix and inventory investments. Balance newness with essentials.
- Creates and manages re-orders by evaluating stock levels and sales forecasts.
- Own seasonal hindsight process to identify missed opportunities, recommend strategic shifts and key new strategies.
- Assist in driving strategic decision making using data-driven insights.
- Additional duties as needed.
- 3-5+ years of experience working in buying, merchandising or planning.
- Ability to successfully balance both quantitative and qualitative information when recommending appropriate strategies and tactics.
- Detail oriented and organized with strong time management skills.
- Strong understanding of the fashion and/or social enterprise industries.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong personal identification with brand and mission.
- Professional, positive and energetic attitude.
- Strong leadership, organization, written and verbal communication skills.
- Energetic, kind, patient, and adaptable.
- Must be expert with Google Sheets/Excel, technology savvy.
- Self-directed and hard-working with a "no task is too small" attitude.
- Confident in decision making.
- Driven by an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Able to multitask.
- Able to detect problems and report information to appropriate personnel.
- Ability to carry boxes 20-30 lbs for moving stock.