Careers | Warehouse Manger
Location: Goleta, CA
Start: February 2022
Reports to: CEO
Time period: Full time
About the Position
Parker Clay is known for its quality products, high impact, and amazing customer experience. In order to deliver on our promise to consumers, we’re seeking a warehouse manager to join our team and manage operations. The Warehouse Manager will primarily oversee pick-pack-shipping, inventory management, and receiving shipment inventory. In addition, they will help coordinate upgrades in a new, larger 10,000 sq ft warehouse space where new systems and inventory policies will be implemented. This person will be able to help set up their dream warehouse that will take Parker Clay to the next level. The ideal candidate is exceptionally detail-oriented, able to track multiple facets of the warehouse at any given time, excellent at leading a team, and passionate about furthering the mission of Parker Clay.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages and grows a team of warehouse leads and associates.
- Strategically manages the warehouse in compliance with Parker Clay’s policy and vision.
- Ensures warehouse management system (WMS) is a trusted source of truth for available inventory, orders in progress, and outbound shipments.
- Leads in implementation of new DEAR Inventory Management System
- Maintains accurate inventory quantities via regular cycle counts.
- Ensures strict adherence to receiving processes for accurate inventory reporting.
- Coordinates and receives international inbound shipments.
- Produces reports regularly (inbound, outbound, low stock, etc).
- Tracks and analyzes key performance indicators and develops action plans to improve performance.
- Drives process improvements and applies new technologies or innovations to increase efficiency.
- Manages and develops direct reports; Recruits, coaches and motivates warehouse team. Clear communication and delegation of daily, weekly & quarterly priorities to the team.
- Ensures employee safety and OSHA compliance.
- Maintains an organized, clean, safe, and high-performing work environment.
- Monitors and reports on operating budget; analyzing and improving upon deficiencies and variances.
- Works closely with both US and Ethiopia Teams to ensure products are meeting quality standards.
- 5+ years of warehouse management experience.
- Proven work experience as a Warehouse leader managing daily operations of 5+K sq ft warehouse.
- Expertise in warehouse management procedures and best practices.
- Hands-on experience with warehouse management software, databases, and tools.
- 5S methodology is a plus.
- Exceptional leadership and communication skills.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Salary: TBD depending on experience
- Health Benefits
- Amazing discount on leather goods
- Team events and hangouts
- “Can Do”, encouraging work culture
Email your resume and cover letter in PDF formats to email@example.com with the subject line Warehouse Manager - [Your Name] in the subject line and tell us why you think you’d be a great fit for our team!