Careers | Email & SMS Marketing Manager | Santa Barbara
Email & SMS Marketing Manager (Santa Barbara)
Join Parker Clay’s marketing team! Parker Clay is an emerging DTC leather goods brand designed in California, made in Ethiopia. Parker Clay is empowering women in Ethiopia with ethical employment, financial literacy training, and career development for those coming out of exploitation and trafficking. A certified B-Corp with the highest standards of social and environmental sustainability/impact, Parker Clays was just awarded top 5% of B-Corp's BEST FOR THE WORLD.
As the Email & SMS Marketing manager, you will be growing our community, responsible for the development and execution of direct-to-consumer email and SMS marketing strategies. This role will work closely with cross-functional leaders from ideation to execution and partner closely with external agencies and vendors on initiatives to drive data-driven strategies and business growth.
- Lead strategy for building a best-in-class email and SMS marketing program including advanced automation, journeys, segmentation, and personalization for marketing, transactional, and operational campaigns
- Lead strategy and development of marketing & transactional CRM campaigns, with a focus on driving revenue, personalized journeys, and long-term retention, focused on increasing revenue and LTV.
- Work in partnership with internal cross-functional teams and external vendors to communicate campaign activities and to ensure deliverables are aligned and integrated into existing plans for streamlined execution.
- Collaborate with CX team on the loyalty program and advance touch points with the customer to increase engagement, referral, and LTV.
- Coordinate daily with product and marketing team to develop the email strategy, editorial calendar, and execute successful direct marketing campaigns
- Roll out a diverse, methodical testing strategy to optimize ROI and establish a number of marketing touches to drive conversion and improvements in LTV
- Develop and execute a robust testing plan to improve personalization across direct marketing channels inclusive of product recommendations, relevant content, and customized send frequency
- Responsible for project management across all phases of email creation and deployment; including management of creative briefs, timelines, internal reviews, and email ops/production
- Look for opportunities to improve processes and establish effectiveness/efficiency across email strategy and campaigns; Look to increase revenue-driving opportunities and engagement via email channel through data connection, personalization and innovation.
- Manage channel reporting, budget & accounting responsibilities
- Responsible for coordinating sophisticated direct marketing segmentation to target the right customers at the right time
- Proactively manage and monitor email deliverability including successful campaign deployment (correct file size and send speed) and ISP inbox placement
- Troubleshoot technical issues and consult with vendor technical support to implement solutions as needed
- Drive and monitor success of the program, campaign and segment levels - identifying and reporting on all areas to track effectiveness of the programs and clearly articulate optimizations – including open, click-through and conversion rates, unsubscribes, bounces and revenue per send
- Manage day-to-day relationships with 3rd party email and SMS vendors including yotpo, Klaviyo, and campaign execution agencies
- Must be willing to work or relocate to Santa Barbara area
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Marketing or Advertising field.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with email and sms required
- Experience with eCommerce and marketing tools such as Google Analytics, Klaviyo, Shopify Plus
- Ability to apply analysis to influence business decisions to drive performance
- Must be highly collaborative and the ability to work as part of a start-up team
- Brand editorial experience
- Strong communication skills
- Care about social and environmental sustainability impact.
- Salary: DOE , Full Time Position
- Health Benefits
- Amazing discount on leather goods
- Team events and hang outs
- “Can Do”, encouraging work culture
Email your resume and cover letter in PDF formats to email@example.com with the subject line Email & SMS Marketing - [Your Name] in the subject line and tell us why you think you’d be a great fit for our team!